ALLEVYN Ag Adhesive Silver Wound Dressing, 8" x 8" - Pack of 3
Item #: W5466800459PK3
Smith & Nephew ALLEVYN Ag Adhesive Silver Wound Dressing, 8" x 8" - Pack of 3 has been proven in virtro against a broad spectrum of bacteria including antibiotic resistant bacteria like Pseudomonas, MRSA and VRE.
ALLEVYN Ag dressings combine the physical qualities of the ALLEVYN tri-layer construction with the antimicrobial activity of SSD. This dressing has been proven in virtro against a broad spectrum of bacteria including antibiotic resistant bacteria like Pseudomonas, MRSA and VRE. The ALLEVYN Ag range provides a sustained action with antimicrobial properties remaining effective for up to 7 days.
ALLEYVN Ag Dressing Features:
- Tri-Layer construction allows for optimal fluid handling to support moist wound healing.
- Defends against antibiotic resistant bacteria such as Pseudomonas, MRSA, and VRE.
- Conforms to body contours.
- Comfortable for patients.
- Effective up to 7 days.
- Size: 8" x 8"
- MPN: 66800459
- Contains 3 packs of 10 ALLEVYN Ag Adhesive Silver Wound Dressing, 8" x 8".
ALLEVYN Ag Dressing Uses:
- Shallow, granulating wounds.
- Chronic and acute exudative wounds.
- Full and partial thickness wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers.
- Infected wounds.
- Malignant wounds.
- Surgically dehisced wounds.
- First and second degree burns.
- Donor sites.
- Fungating wounds.
Frequency to Change ALLEVYN Ag Dressing:
During the early stages of wound management, ALLEVYN Ag dressing should be inspected in accordance to the local clinical protocol. Where the product is used on infected wounds, the infection should be inspected and treated as per local clinical protocol.
Dressings can be left in place, undisturbed, for up to 7 days depending on the condition of the wound and the surrounding skin or until exudate is visible and approaches to within 2cm / 3/16in of the edge of the dressing pad, whichever is soon. Local clinical protocols should also be taken into consideration.
If dressing are applied to the sacral area, they may be left in place for up to 5 days. However, due to increased potential for contamination and infection in this area, increased monitoring of dressing adherence may be required as per local clinical protocols.
The decision of when to change ALLEVYN Ag should be dependent upon the clinical assessment and local protocols should be taken into consideration.
- Cleanse the wound in accordance with local clinical protocol.
- Dressing can be cut to fit awkward areas.
- Prepare and clean the skin surrounding the wound area and remove excess moisture. Any excess hair should be clipped to ensure close approximation to the wound.
- Remove ALLEVYN Ag from the pack using a clean technique.
- Remove one of the protector films from the dressing and anchor the adhesive side of the dressing to the skin.
- Remove the remaining protector film and smooth the dressing over the remainder of the wound without stretching, ensuring there are no creases. The pad area of the dressing must be adhered across the entire surface of the wound.
If the dressing has been cut, ensure any exposed foam areas are covered with an appropriate film dressing, taking care not to cover the entire dressing.
- When positioning, place the narrow end of the dressing a minimum of 2cm above the anal sphincter, then smooth the dressin over the sacrum.
To remove ALLEVYN Ag Adhesive, lift one edge of the dressing and slowly peel back until completely removed from the wound. Sacral dressings should be removed from the top edge down towards the anus to minimize the potential for fecal contamination.
This product does not have any optional accessories.
This product does not have any reviews.