ALLEYVN Gentle Border was designed for people with sensitive or fragile skin. The dressing has a soft silicone gel adhesive which minimizes trauma to the wound when its time to change the dressing. The ALLEVYN triple action technology maintains the optimal balance in fluid for moist wound healing. The dressing is conformable to help avoid patient pain without compromising care. Its easy to apply and remove and can be repositioned easily without losing adherent properties. ALLEYVEN is showerproof and minimizes trauma during dressing changes.
ALLEVYN Gentle Border Features:
- ALLEYVN has triple-action technology which allows for the ideal environment for moist wound healing.
- Minimizes trauma and pain during dressing changes.
- Easy to apply and remove and can be repositioned easily without losing adherence.
- Sizes: 4" x 4"
- MPN: 66800270
- Contains 3 Packs of 10 ALLEVYN Gentle Border Gel Foam Dressing, 4" x 4"
ALLEVYN Gentle Border Uses:
- Shallow, granulating wounds.
- Chronic and acute exudative wounds.
- Full and partial thickness wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers.
- Infected wounds.
- Malignant wounds.
- Surgical wounds.
- First and second degree burns.
- Donor sites.
- Oncological wounds.
- Epidermolysis bullosa wounds.
Do not use ALLEYVN Gentle Border dressing with oxidising agents such as hypochlorite solutions (eg. EUSOL) or hydrogen peroxide as these can break down the absorbent polyurethane component of the dressing. If reddening or sensitisation occur, discontinue use.
- Cleanse the wound in accordance with normal procedures.
- Select the appropriate dressing size.
- Start to remove the protector material from the dressing and anchor the adhesive side of the dressing to the skin.
- Smooth the dressing over the wound removing the remaining protector material and ensure that the dressing is adhered all around the wound.
ALLEVYN Gentle Border can be cut in and an aseptic technique should be used with cutting the dressing. Ensure that any exposed foam areas are covered with an appropriate film dressing taking care not to cover the entire dressing.
During the early stages of wound management, the dressing should be inspected frequently where the product is used on infected wounds, the infection should be inspected and treated as per protocol.
Dressings can be left in place for up to 7 days depending on the condition of the wound and the surrounding skin or until exudate is visible and approaches within 1.5cm of the edge of the dressing pad, whichever is sooner.
Lift one corner of the dressing and slowly beel back until completely removed from the wound.