The Dechra TrizChlor 4 Shampoo For Cats Dogs Horses 1 Gallon Pack of 3 is for support of healthy skin for animals with conditions responsive to chlorhexidine.
- Antibacterial, Antiseptic.
- Effective against multi-drug-resistant Staphylococcal infections.
- Contains no alcohol; is non-irritating to ulcerated or abraded skin or ears.
- Use in conjunction with Muricin (mupirocin 2% ointment) on focal areas of infections.
- Recent in vitro study of chlorhexidine shampoos (2%, 3%, 4%) demonstrated equivalent and excellent minimum bactericidal activity against S. pseudintermedius (methicillin-susceptible and methicillin-resistant) at 10 min incubation time.
- Patented, USP Tris EDTA composition.
- Adjunctive therapy for bacterial skin infections caused by Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria.
- Residual effects; shown to remain active on skin after rinsing.
- Bacteria do not tend to develop resistance towards chlorhexidine gluconate.
TrizEDTA (tromethamine USP, disodium EDTA dihydrate):
- Antimicrobial and antiboiotic potentiating activity.
- Alkalinizing (pH 8).
- Blocks the Pseudomonas efflux pump.
- Disrupts the bacterial cell wall by chelating metal ions making the cell wall more porous.
- Inhibits the effects of ulcerating bacterial enzymes.