Ferndale Mastisol Liquid Adhesive, in 2 fl. oz (60 ml) bottle, is clear, non-irritating, and non-water-soluble. It's a liquid adhesive that secures even the most difficult dressings for an extended period of time. Mastisol is latex-free. Mastisol Liquid Adhesive
Mastisol saves valuable time and money by reducing or eliminating:
- Sold By Bottle of 2 fl.oz (60 ml)
- Clear, non-irritating, non-water-soluble liquid
- Secures even the most difficult dressings
- Infections caused by wound closure strips peeling off
- Surgical drape slippage
- Unscheduled dressing changes
- Spontaneous or accidental extubations
- Dislodged IVs
- Clean and dry skin at least 2 1/2 inches around the wound, making sure to remove skin oil or exudate. For best results, use a sponge moistened with alcohol or saline followed by a firm wipe with a dry sponge.
- Place the individual vial packed in blister-pak on a hard surface (label facing down).
- Gently apply pressure on the vial through the blister-pak to crush inner ampule, thereby releasing Mastisol liquid adhesive. (As a safety precaution do not crush the ampule more than once.)
- Remove individual vial using aseptic technique, peel back lid and deliver vial.
- Carefully apply a 1/2 inch strip of MASTISOL around the outsideof the wound by gently squeezing the vial - taking care not to come in contact with the wound tissue. Allow Mastisol to dry for 20-30 seconds.
- Using established technique, place tape in contact with the Mastisol.
- Place a gauze dressing over the wound so that the edges come in contact with Mastisol.