FreeStyle Diabetes Testing
Diabetes mellitus is one of the leading causes of disability and death in America. It is characterized by high blood glucose levels that cause defects in insulin production, insulin action or both. Diabetes can lead to long-term complications affecting most every part of your body and has been shown to cause stroke, amputation, blood vessel disease, blindness, nerve damage and kidney failure.
However, you can manage diabetes through careful eating habits, an exercise program, weight management, oral medication and routine blood checks using FreeStyle glucose testing products. When you´re diabetic, convenience isn´t always an option. It can be a challenge to constantly maintain a balanced metabolism. Carrying your blood glucose meter and blood glucose test trips is rarely convenient – regardless of your lifestyle.
FreeStyle Glucose Testing
But FreeStyle aims to make life just a little bit easier. Abbott Laboratories, maker of FreeStyle diabetes testing products, is the leader in innovative diabetic product development helping patients, like you, manage their diabetes. Using FreeStyle blood glucose test strips, the FreeStyle glucose meters and other advanced products, you can regain control over your life – and your health.
The FreeStyle Blood Glucose Meter
The FreeStyle Lite glucose meter is an advanced tool to help you monitor your blood glucose levels throughout the day. The meter is small, lightweight and portable. It comes with a convenient carrying case designed for discreet testing. Just keep your FreeStyle Lite meter in its case during testing for enhanced privacy.
The FreeStyle Lite blood glucose meter helps you:
- Accurately and painlessly test results
- Keep your activities discreet
- Navigate easier with large meter buttons
- Test your glucose level with just a .3 microliter sample
- Test blood glucose levels on your fingertips, forearms, upper arms, thighs, calves and hands
Testing your blood glucose levels with FreeStyle diabetic products is easy! The FreeStyle Lite Blood Glucose Monitoring System or the FreeStyle Freedom Lite Blood Glucose Meter feature:
- Absolutely no coding is required for convenient testing
- Fast, 5-second average test time
- Large display for easy visibility
- Comfortable and easy to hold
- Stores up to 400 results with date and time
- Provides results in 7, 14 and 30 day averages