No announcement yet.

Warning signs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of the common symptoms are thirst and urination.But at sometimes overweight can also be a reason for this.It is really hard to find these symptoms especially in pets.

Comment

if talking about signs maybe what a diabetic person may also be experience with the animals. the 3P's of diabetes.

Polyuria (frequent urination)

Polydipsia (excessive thirst)

Polyphagia (excessive hunger)

Comment

The symptoms of polyuria and polydypsia (increased drinking and increased urination) are the body's attempt to flush out the excess sugar. Pets will also eat more but yet, lose weight. When diabetes advances the pet may develop a typical breath that smells like nail polish remover (ketoacidosis). Fortunately pets can lead quitenormal lives with treatment and most will get used to the insulin injections once they become a routine.

Comment

I have never had a cat with diabetes, although I know it happens. I would not know what to watch out for, so this thread is very helpful. Thanks everyone.

Comment

So if you spot the symptoms early is there a way to treat your pet and make sure it doesn't get diabetes? I know you have to go to the vet first, but will acting early and treating it be good enough to prevent it?

Comment

Working...
            X