pet diabetes websites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pet diabetes websites

before i head off to work I wanted to post a list of some places I found with loads of informations.

www.caninediabetes.org

julie

Originally posted by jimmys devoted View Post
    before i head off to work I wanted to post a list of some places I found with loads of informations.
    These sound like a great resource for information. Even if a pet doesn't have diabetes, I think it's important to people to know what to look for to make sure it can be taken care of it if happens to a pet. Thank you for sharing the list!

Comment

even with no diabetes

I was worried about our basset..
      so I put him on South beach............ I kid you not.
      he started on thos ebars instead of regular snacks and his nails grew back, the bald patches grew back and hes not as irritable.
      so he gets one medicum carb treat every other dqy and load sof raw meat and bones and SB bars during teh day.
      we also found out he has an allergy to wheat..............
      I wonder if many " babies" with diabetes can be compounding wiht an allerg to grains too????

Comment

A wonderful website for diabetic cats, which I use daily, is felinediabetes.com.

It has loads of information, links to research articles, a pet diabetes wiki and a wonderful message board.

I registered for this forum just to let people know of this site.

Comment

Very helpful info, thank you for sharing. I have two German Shepherds myself.

Comment

I never imagined that diabetes in pets could be so widespread. There are tons of information on the web regarding this.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmys devoted View Post
              I was worried about our basset..
              so I put him on South beach............ I kid you not.
              he started on thos ebars instead of regular snacks and his nails grew back, the bald patches grew back and hes not as irritable.
              so he gets one medicum carb treat every other dqy and load sof raw meat and bones and SB bars during teh day.
              we also found out he has an allergy to wheat..............
              I wonder if many " babies" with diabetes can be compounding wiht an allerg to grains too????
              Yes!!!! Someone else with grain allergies and diabetes. My 9 yr old Irish Setter was diagnosed with diabetes last spring and trying to regulate him has been a real challenge! Because he is allergic to glutens I have been having all sorts of problems regulating him.

Comment

Working...
              X