oral meds for cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oral meds for cats

Alternatively, glimepiride (another sulfonylurea) may be administered to cats at 2 mg once a day. Acarbose, an oral α-glucosidase inhibitor, has also been used in cats at a dosage of 12.5-25 mg, bid- tid, in conjunction with diet and/or insulin to control hyperglycemia.

I am just trying to picture the idea of attempting to give a cat an oral medication. The only way I can imagine is to try to hide it in their food. My cats will eat anything, but I know a lot of cat owners who have finicky cats.

Comment

There are pill pockets made for cats in tasty flavors like chicken or salmon. They basically consist of treats with a hollow middle to stick the pill. Most cats gulp it up no problem!

Comment

Acarbose

I don't know how acarbose affects animals but it promotes flatulence in people. It slows down the digestion ...so I'd be aware if it's making my animal uncomfortable or not...

Comment

We had a cat that would eat dry pills off the floor, and others who would detect a half a pill mixed into their food and reject it.

I wonder how the medicine mentioned above is given to the cats?

Comment

Working...
          X