Ketones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ketones

When my toy poodle was diagnosed with diabetes her ketone level was very high so she was hospitalized for 8 days. Now I use the Keto-diastix to monitor her ketones. However, I also notice that within a day she can go from have no trace to slight traces of ketones and back to no traces. Are ketones the result of constant high glucose levels or are they the result of a drastic fluctuation in glucose or can they be the result of both?

Thanks so much.

Cinnamon.

Cinnamon, ketones are a sign of an unregulated diabetic, regardless of fluctuations or high glucose levels. They are both signs of an unregulated diabetic. As I suggested yesterday, you really need to have a consult with your veterinarian.
    Best,
    Joi

Originally posted by Cinnamon View Post
    When my toy poodle was diagnosed with diabetes her ketone level was very high so she was hospitalized for 8 days. Now I use the Keto-diastix to monitor her ketones. However, I also notice that within a day she can go from have no trace to slight traces of ketones and back to no traces. Are ketones the result of constant high glucose levels or are they the result of a drastic fluctuation in glucose or can they be the result of both?

Thanks so much.

Cinnamon.

Comment

Thank you for your response. I do keep in close contact with my vet (probably too close). However, as I am sure you are fully aware, diabetes in both humans and dogs is very difficult to control and the more I know the healthier my dog will be.

Comment

Working...
      X