Bulgur Wheat Salad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulgur Wheat Salad

Here is another easy recipe. When the summer comes around with hot weather, I tend to not want to cook or to eat hot food so I find dishes I can throw together and chill and eat.

This recipe can be eaten hot too. In the winter I cook the beans from scratch but in the summer I go for the canned beans. It makes it all easier.

1 medium onion, chopped
    1 cup Broccoli, fresh , chopped
    1 cup shredded carrots
    1 medium bell pepper, chopped (red, yellow or green)
    1/3 cup chopped parsley
    1 tsp Oil, canola
    1 1/2 cup Wheat, bulgur, dry
    2 cup chicken broth, low sodium
    8 oz Beans, chickpea/garbanzo, unsalted, canned, drained

Heat canola oil in a large skillet. Add onions and cook until soft.
    Add bulgur and stir to coat. Add 2 cups chicken broth to the skillet, and bring to a boil.
    Lower the heat, add remaining vegetables and chickpeas. Cook for 10 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
    Add parsley and stir. Serve warm or cold.

sounds good - maybe we'll try it this weekend! Thanks for the great recipes

Comment

This is one of these extra especially good for you recipes. It has so many high quality foods in it like the broccoli, bell peppers, carrots and parsley for anti oxidants, the bugler wheat is whole grain and the chickpeas work almost like a sponge to take cholesterol out of your body.

I love the taste, as is, but if your family likes something with a kick, you can add a hot pepper. Remember that if you can't have it too spicy, take out the seeds and the spines of the veggie. That will take off at least half the heat.

Some people like spicy hot foods in the summer. They say that it makes them feel cooler after the hit of the hot pepper. All the hot hot pepper does to me is to make me even hotter!

Comment

Working...
      X