Alcohol consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol consumption

People with diabetes do not need to give up alcohol beverages entirely, but they need to be aware of the potential adverse effects of alcohol to diabetes.

a great topic
    I would like to find more information on the subject
    I do not drink, but I do have some friends that don't see a problem with drinking

I would like to find some information on drinking and health risks, even for non-diabetics

thanks

Comment

It looks like moderation is the key. The drink should be accompanied with food and taken slowly. It is best not to drink more than two drinks a day.

Comment

Yes, although diabetic patients consuming alcohol does not have direct implications but on the long run it is very harmful to the organs of our body.

Comment

Excessive drinking can be harmful to anybody whether they have diabetes or not. I do remember reading in some type of health book that alcohol will only worsen the condition.

Comment

I think theer was post about this in DIY

5 ounces of alcohol has many benefits.
            Alcoholics though can develop pancreatitis and that can turn them diabetic. Moderation and temperence is always the key!
            But i

Comment

moderate alcohol use is not harmful.Alcoholism is a disease with four main features:

* Craving - a strong need to drink
              * Loss of control - not being able to stop drinking onceyou've begun
              * Physical dependence – withdrawal symptoms, such as nausea, sweating or shakiness after stopping drinking
              * Tolerance - the need to drink greater amounts of alcohol in order to get “high”

Alcoholism carries many serious dangers. Heavy drinking can increase the risk of certain cancers. It can cause damage to the liver, brain and other organs. It can cause birth defects. It increases the risk of death from car crashes and other injuries as well as the risk of homicide and suicide.

Comment

HI,
                Yes, People with diabetes need to give up alcohol beverages. It is dangerous to their health.

Comment

your newest member

what an awesome post dude.

Comment

Alcohol consumption

dont alcohol sales usually go up in economic downturns? That might have something to do with it as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X