Cure for Diabetes through herbs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cure for Diabetes through herbs

Diabetes or diabetes mellitus is a result of inability of pancreas to produce insulin or to use it in a proper way thus resulting in excessive quantity of sugar in blood and urine.It is distinguished by symptoms like excessive thirst, frequent urination accompanied by weight loss and is infamously known as "silent killer" .

Globally it affects 240 million people and US alone has 7% of this share of people suffering from diabetes.

Diabetes can be broadly classified into type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Type 1 diabetes requires regular administration of insulin and is generally found in people suffering from obesity or with family diabetic history. Type 2 diabetes generally occurs in people above 40 yrs and there is production of insulin but the body cells become insensitive towards this.

If untreated diabetes can lead to various complications like hypoglacemia, renal failure, nervous damage and can even lead to impotence.

Commonly used herbs in the treatment of diabetes

1. Bitter Gourd

2. Garlic

3. Neem

4. Jamun

5. Onion

6. Turmeric

7. Cinnamon

Yeah, these herbs are commonly used. They are very effective in controlling diabetes especially neem. My father will drink neem juice (it is the most disgusting thing to drink) for controlling diabetes. But a complete solution to diabetes is a long way to go.

Comment

Not That Simple

Not A Cure

Those foods that you mentioned are all great for health and can help you remain or even regain your health. But just eating some healthy veggies cannot be called a cure for diabetes. If just adding these foods and spices to your meal could cure diabetes, than we all would be chowing down on these and we would all be fine.

Please don't contribute false hopes to the people suffering from diabetes here. Your information isn't completely correct and the foods you mention, while great for us, won't cure diabetes. It isn't that easy.

Comment

Do you know anyone

that has significantly controlled or lowered their blood sugar this way?

Are there any studies?

Comment

I hate the word cure

I have to vent. I cannot stand when people post about a cure for diabetes by the use of herbs. It is false hope and can lead to major difficulties and often they have contradicting symptoms and cascading diseases associated with them.
          So to post cure for diabetes through herbs is a bad post and even bad medicine and bad advice.

Diabetes is a metabolic disorder of levels of severity and damage.
          Imagine a person who has diabetes due to loss of pancreas. they go on this as a cure for their diabetes.
          Imagine a person who has diabetes through immune suppression therapy and opts ofr herbs and goes off of his other medication because someone posted a cure.

Right now there is no cure. there is highly effective treatments, regimens and improved quality and quantity of life through tried and true methods. The most being the development by Banting of insulin.

Comment

herbs efficacy

There are many more herbs that may lower blood sugar. Cinnamon is shown not to have an affect although some people have seen that it does for them. Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory spice. Gymmena Sylvestre (incorrect spelling) is more potent than most others listed and so is Bitter Melon. The trouble with using herbs is that you need to pick one of them and be careful since it can compound the affect of your medication. You certainly wouldn't want to stop taking your medication in hope of the herb working. So, if you are interested in herbs, use caution. Onion and garlic may be high in antioxidants but as far as lowering blood glucose - I doubt it. Even Chromium Picolinate is questionable - how much are you using, how well absorbed are these herbs and what form are they coming in? Those are the questions to ask yourself. Be sure to share this with your doctor as well. If something does work for you then you want the doctor to know why.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmys devoted View Post
              I have to vent. I cannot stand when people post about a cure for diabetes by the use of herbs. It is false hope and can lead to major difficulties and often they have contradicting symptoms and cascading diseases associated with them.
              So to post cure for diabetes through herbs is a bad post and even bad medicine and bad advice.

Diabetes is a metabolic disorder of levels of severity and damage.
              Imagine a person who has diabetes due to loss of pancreas. they go on this as a cure for their diabetes.
              Imagine a person who has diabetes through immune suppression therapy and opts ofr herbs and goes off of his other medication because someone posted a cure.

Right now there is no cure. there is highly effective treatments, regimens and improved quality and quantity of life through tried and true methods. The most being the development by Banting of insulin.
              It is my opinion that diet is the cause of diabetes and that diet can get one back in balance. I am not a big believer in herbs but I know the key to this is with diet. Do you happen to know why suddenly in our later years some peoples cells have a hard time taking in sugar? Do you know the root cause of it or does anyone here know. It seems that if we can get to the root cause and address that we can beat the disease rather than treating the symptoms as modern medicine does.

Comment

Originally posted by Marci Sloane View Post
                There are many more herbs that may lower blood sugar. Cinnamon is shown not to have an affect although some people have seen that it does for them. Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory spice. Gymmena Sylvestre (incorrect spelling) is more potent than most others listed and so is Bitter Melon. The trouble with using herbs is that you need to pick one of them and be careful since it can compound the affect of your medication. You certainly wouldn't want to stop taking your medication in hope of the herb working. So, if you are interested in herbs, use caution. Onion and garlic may be high in antioxidants but as far as lowering blood glucose - I doubt it. Even Chromium Picolinate is questionable - how much are you using, how well absorbed are these herbs and what form are they coming in? Those are the questions to ask yourself. Be sure to share this with your doctor as well. If something does work for you then you want the doctor to know why.
                You can walk into the produce department of your local grocery store and pick lets say some brussel sprouts. Few know that a brussell sprout has a natural insulin effect. There are other veggies that has similar qualities but modern medicine does not get into all that mainly because theres no MONEY in it. So whats the point of telling anyone if it will cost them money. You see its all about money and health takes a distant back seat.

Comment

Working...
                X