Good Snacks for Diabetics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Snacks for Diabetics

I've see these lists around and I finally decided to pay attention to one. It makes some sense and I thought I would share it with you now. They say these snacks will keep your blood sugars stable during the day.

If anyone has any good ideas for a great snack to help keep us going strong during the day, add it to this list!

1- A cup of hot, sugar free cocoa.

2- A small bowl of baked chips with salsa. I like having the hot salsa. It takes longer to eat

3- Plain popcorn. It's full of fiber with few calories. Make sure to get it plain, no butter or salt please.

4- Thin wheat crackers with hummus and tomatoes. This can be a great treat, just don't over do the sesame seed paste in the hummus.

5- Mini crackers and veggies. Keep to one serving of crackers.

6- Crisp green or red peppers and creamy veggie dip

7- Plain yogurt with fresh fruit. Lately I have been cutting up a serving of fruit and mixing it in the plain yogurt and putting it in the freezer. It is delicious and refreshing on a hot day. You can also put it all in the blender and whip it up there and then freeze it. Make sure to include bananas, that gives the yogurt a good thickness and flavor.

8- Fozen fruit bars. Look for the ones that have 70 calories or less. That way you are sure to get non sweetened snacks.

9 Peanut Butter and Jelly on a Whole-Grain English Muffin Low calorie muffins and sugar free peanut butter and no sugar fruit jelly. Have it with tea and it will really fill you up.

10- Cantaloupe and Cottage Cheese. Good looking and refreshing. What more could you ask for?

11- The list in the article included this snack but I am not so sure about it. It is strawberries dipped in dark bittersweet chocolate.

You can only have two big berries or 4 little ones. If you are making these for yourself you will have to lock the extra dipped berries up so you don't eat extra ones. I guess that if you are going nutty for something decadent and sweet, this treat will calm yiou down.

For myself, I'd rather not go to the bother of heating the chocolate up and dipping the strawberry. I'd rather have a small square of real chocolate and take as long as I could to eat that with a handful of strawberries.

12. Sugar-Free Gelatin With Fat-Free Whipped Cream.

If anyone can think of more great snacks, please share them here.

Snacks

I love Greek yogurt, plain and fat free with added berries and chopped nuts. Greek yogurt has more protein and less sugar (since they strain out a lot of the liquid which contains the lactose/milk sugar). It is very creamy and wonderful for you!

Also, I'd add light whipped cream on the hot cocoa! and get the one with Splenda!

Comment

HI,
      Thanks for this tips . It will be beneficial for me and my friends.Nice points suggested.

Thanks...

Raymeds.com

Comment

Low carb snacks anyone?

Have any of you heard of or experienced the benefits of a low carb (and high fat) diet for diabetes? I have read of many people's experience on such a diet for many years and how much it has helped to regulate BS and for many it has allowed them to decrease or get off some diabetic drugs they were on. I noticed that the snacks listed here are all carbs...very little of anything else.

Do any of you eat a more low carb diet? More nuts and proteins (and even fats, which I am reading about research done that has found fats to be quite good for us actually, and not the CVD causer that it was believed to be).

Tell me what you think...I'm curious what people out there are doing and how that is helping them.

Comment

Originally posted by skatss View Post
          I've see these lists around and I finally decided to pay attention to one. It makes some sense and I thought I would share it with you now. They say these snacks will keep your blood sugars stable during the day.

If anyone has any good ideas for a great snack to help keep us going strong during the day, add it to this list!

1- A cup of hot, sugar free cocoa.

2- A small bowl of baked chips with salsa. I like having the hot salsa. It takes longer to eat

3- Plain popcorn. It's full of fiber with few calories. Make sure to get it plain, no butter or salt please.

4- Thin wheat crackers with hummus and tomatoes. This can be a great treat, just don't over do the sesame seed paste in the hummus.

5- Mini crackers and veggies. Keep to one serving of crackers.

6- Crisp green or red peppers and creamy veggie dip

7- Plain yogurt with fresh fruit. Lately I have been cutting up a serving of fruit and mixing it in the plain yogurt and putting it in the freezer. It is delicious and refreshing on a hot day. You can also put it all in the blender and whip it up there and then freeze it. Make sure to include bananas, that gives the yogurt a good thickness and flavor.

8- Fozen fruit bars. Look for the ones that have 70 calories or less. That way you are sure to get non sweetened snacks.

9 Peanut Butter and Jelly on a Whole-Grain English Muffin Low calorie muffins and sugar free peanut butter and no sugar fruit jelly. Have it with tea and it will really fill you up.

10- Cantaloupe and Cottage Cheese. Good looking and refreshing. What more could you ask for?

11- The list in the article included this snack but I am not so sure about it. It is strawberries dipped in dark bittersweet chocolate.

You can only have two big berries or 4 little ones. If you are making these for yourself you will have to lock the extra dipped berries up so you don't eat extra ones. I guess that if you are going nutty for something decadent and sweet, this treat will calm yiou down.

For myself, I'd rather not go to the bother of heating the chocolate up and dipping the strawberry. I'd rather have a small square of real chocolate and take as long as I could to eat that with a handful of strawberries.

12. Sugar-Free Gelatin With Fat-Free Whipped Cream.

If anyone can think of more great snacks, please share them here.
          This post is awesome and just what I need.*Thanks for sharing the information, I really like it and it's really helpful for us.

Comment

Working...
          X