Your Feet Need Attention Too!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Feet Need Attention Too!

Exercise, lose weight! your doctor has told you, and her suggestion that you start by walking for a half-hour at lunchtime has started showing results in that you have been losing pounds and inches that you can notice in the few months that you have been walking every day.
    Now, you have started walking on the weekends just for the enjoyment of it!
    Your feet need attention every day to make sure that you will be able to keep making healthy habits your life's style.
    A good pair of Running Shoes are easily available online. They make look strange compared to the shoes you have been wearing, but they are Lightweight and allow air to circulate around your feet.
    Wear socks! Some people get in the habit of not wearing socks, but they help cushion your feet and prevent chafing against the shoes material as the lining wears over time.

Socks and shoes

Does anyone know the benefits of diabetic socks and shoes that are available? What is the difference from any other sock or shoe?

Comment

The diabetic socks are seamless on the bottom part and also thicker to add a little more padding. The top part is more like an open weave that will stay up but doesn't cut the circulation like a lot of regular socks do. I bought several pair at walmart which is just as good as paying the big bucks for them at other places.

The shoes I don't know anything about. My opinion is that any good shoe that fits well and doesn't rub or cramp your feet are fine unless you are already experiencing problems in which case there may be a need for some special orthopedic shoes.

Comment

Keeping Shoes Dry

It is a good idea to have more than one pair of exercise shoes.
        Alternating the shoes you wear lets them dry out. Bacteria growing in the moisture in wet shoes is what really makes them funky.

If you have a sunny spot, unlace them and pull the tongue out, leaving them in the sunshine helps keep them fresh.

Resist the urge to go running through lawn sprinklers, although it feels cool the moisture left in the shoes is what causes the need to be replaced earlier than usual.

Comment

shoes and socks

I do teh daily foot inspection thing.
          I discovered that as I have gotten older I developed diabetci related metarsalgia. They think it comes from a broken toe when i was hiking.
          I know certain shoes make it worse.

I fund that I go through cheap soft snakers rather fast, abotu three pair a year.

Those diabetic shoes are way too unconmfortable for me and that injury.
          So I am thinking about some of the danish Danse clogs and Schol or spenco insoles.
          I dislike the diabetic socks, they are just so acrylic and some are wierd.
          Dr. scholls has some nice shoes, i get them in wide. And socks i get are full cushioned PEDS or Hanes. Theya re inexpensive.

if anyoen knows if there are diabetic socks that are made from cotton let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmys devoted View Post
            I discovered that as I have gotten older I developed diabetci related metarsalgia. They think it comes from a broken toe when i was hiking.
            I know certain shoes make it worse.

I fund that I go through cheap soft snakers rather fast, abotu three pair a year.

Those diabetic shoes are way too unconmfortable for me and that injury.
            So I am thinking about some of the danish Danse clogs and Schol or spenco insoles.
            I dislike the diabetic socks, they are just so acrylic and some are wierd.
            Dr. scholls has some nice shoes, i get them in wide. And socks i get are full cushioned PEDS or Hanes. Theya re inexpensive.

if anyoen knows if there are diabetic socks that are made from cotton let me know!
            I've read about this pain in the ball of your foot, it is likely caused by over pronation. Basically over bending your ankle, I think.

I found out that exercising (stretching) your achilles tendon 5-10 times a day may cause great improvement of your condition.

This sounds like an awlfully painful condition.
            Attached Files

Comment

metarsalgia

Metatarsalgia is teh pain in teh ball of the foot. Often it comes from ill fitting, collapsed, under cushioned shoes and often stems from an injury.
              After raeding this I kind of figured out where mine came from.
              We were hikinga nd I got what i thought was a stone bruise.
              It turned out I punched a dent in theball fo my foot.
              Then of course teh hard shoes i was wearing didnt help things and so I just continued to injure it.
              I ahve had what you are talkingabout, when iwas a dancer. And teh I stopped my foot woudl burn and hurt. But this is actual bone and nerve damage. Fun!
              I found that buy rubbing in Myoflex into the foot, it helps it for a few days. Also I found that nice soft fluffy Peds extra thinck house socks and cushony fluffy slippers help alot too........
              I am trying to find some sort of cushion insoles so when I wear my work shoes,, penny loafers for right now It dosnt hurt as bad. But aslong as I have some myolfex in my bag I am ok for now.
              I woudl love ot find wome of thsoe good clogs though!

Comment

I think I have had this before and I think I may still have it. I cannot run without pain and it feels like I'm twisting my ankle. I do not have enough money to get checked for this but when I get proper medical coverage I will have this checked. Thanks for bringing up the stone bruise information.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmys devoted View Post
                  This is very important, I think. My aunt is having such trouble with her feet. Not that daily inspections would do any good now, but I know she wishes she had done some of these things before the problems grew like they have.

Comment

metatarsalgia

Metatarsalgia ceoms from the weight or majority fo weight being forced onto the ball of the foot.

Poorly fitting shoes will cause this.
                    the nerve gets compressed under the ball and socket fo teh toes causing a carpal tunnel of the foot sole.

the pain is unique to say the least.
                    You may also find that your foot cramps alot.

i found new snears alleviate iut but soon aggrivate it.

pain killers work and so does myoflex rubbed in.

Comment

Great Newsletter for Foot Care

Hello,

Just wanted to let you guys know about our newsletter that we had recently about diabetic foot.
                      Take a look: Put Your Best Foot Forward

Hope you find it helpful

Comment

That was a very informative article. Not all diabetic socks are awful. I wore some my father in law sell when I carried my last child. I don't know if they were 100% cotton-seemed like they were a blend but they were very comfortable. I wore the crew socks. They stayed up with no problem and at the end of the day, my leg didn't have the indention of a tight sock around my leg. I recommend anyone who has diabetes to purchase a pair of diabetic socks.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyWriter View Post
                          Exercise, lose weight! your doctor has told you, and her suggestion that you start by walking for a half-hour at lunchtime has started showing results in that you have been losing pounds and inches that you can notice in the few months that you have been walking every day.
                          Now, you have started walking on the weekends just for the enjoyment of it!
                          Your feet need attention every day to make sure that you will be able to keep making healthy habits your life's style.
                          A good pair of Running Shoes are easily available online. They make look strange compared to the shoes you have been wearing, but they are Lightweight and allow air to circulate around your feet.
                          Wear socks! Some people get in the habit of not wearing socks, but they help cushion your feet and prevent chafing against the shoes material as the lining wears over time.
                          Nice tips, I will keep this in mind

Comment

On the whole it is advisory to have the one which suits you well and more comfortable to wear.

Comment

Picking up the right pair of shoes is very important.. just don't go for the one which is very attractive or so.. choose it when you feel comfortable while wearing it.
                              Last edited by admin; 11-29-2010, 09:58 AM. Reason: Unwanted Spam

Comment

Working...
                              X