Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Yoga increase the production of insulin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Yoga increase the production of insulin?

Insulin, the hormone that a diabetic fails to produce enough/compltely can be produced the practice of Yoga. Some yogic postures stimulate the pancreas to produce more insulin. How far is it true?

Not true at all.

Comment

I never heard either that would increase insulin but yoga does make a very good exercise techinque.

Comment

benefits of yoga

while it doesnt produc insulin.. one beta cells fail they are lost forever.
        Yoga has some great benefits.
        Its is a stress reliever. It gives you techniques to concentrate and be in that momnet and not become straessed.
        It allows for msucle and bone developmenst and felxability without impacts on bones. Its safe isomettric exercise. So teh muscles actually use glucose.

Yoga has been shown to have mobility benefits and lessen the severity of neuropathy. And has also been shown to incraese functionality and lessen ED.

Comment

Right it is a good excerise though I must agree with that.

Comment

i fall asleep

I never got into it myself. My daughter liked it, but I just never got into it and everytime i try it I get bored and fall asleep.........

Comment

Well at least it is relaxing for you. That's good

There are videos at the library for free renting and I like to get these and try a few of their moves but I am not an expert and tire easily compared to the performers on the video. I never make it through one session without stopping.

Comment

I haven't heard of this anywhere. But maybe because yoga is a form of exercise it can help in some ways.

Comment

I have been practicing Yoga most of my life, and can say with 100% certainty that this is NOT true. Where did you find this info?

Comment

As far as i know i am not sure about it. I had met people who had said yoga is useful for diabetes, but such things have not yet proven.

Comment

Like most ways of exercising, yoga is very good for helping get you in control of your diabetes. But as far as I know, it doesn't help you make insulin as much as it might help you use the insulin that you already have in your system.

Along with helping you become flexible, therefor helping you be able to accomplish most of the physical things you need to do every day, Yoga teaches you how to breath and that will help you relax and also get you to actually breath better, deeper and more often, getting more oxygen into your bloodstream.

I have found that the gentle yoga ways can help you bring down your stress levels, and that helps regulate your bloodsugar. I know that my blood sugars always went really high when I was upset. A few seconds of good breathing can calm you down and keep you mentally balanced. That will help you cope and that can be a God send when life gets you crazy!

Comment

where did you hear that?
                        I am just curious.
                        I am no yoga expert but that is hard to believe
                        I would have to see some evidence on it

Comment

Though I never heard that it actually increases the production of insulin, I think it helps the body actually USE the insulin it has. And using what you already have or manufacture is part of the full problem of type 2 diabetes.

Many of us don't use the insulin we have circulating in our bodies. Some of us have more than enough insulin in the blood, but our cells just won't let it in to be used. If Yoga can help you use what you have, it is a great help to type 2s.

Comment

It is a great sales pitch, but yoga doesn't do much to heal the cells that are responsible for producing insulin.

Comment

Hi there,

I don't think it helps pancreas to produce enough insulin, but yoga keeps the body fit and saves the body from further decay. It controls the blood sugar levels and even brings them to normal levels. Its the best option to keep diabetes under control.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X