Whole Body Vibration Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole Body Vibration Machine

I have recently seen advertisements for a Whole Body Vibration machine. It is just a piece of wood that vibrates and at first glance it looks like a joke. But then I read all the testimonials from different places and it says that it helps the pain of arthritis and poor circulation -- even for people in a wheelchair. And they say it is safe and effective.

When I read the testimonials about the machine, I want to buy it and use it so badly. I want to again get my circulation going and to do something that will stop my arthritis pain. It's so hard to exercise when in a wheelchair and this machine says that it helps you get fit enough to start to do other exercising.

But the fear that it is a joke makes me not buy it. But good manufacturers like Solarflex sells it and I trust that company.

Have you heard anything, pro or con about the Whole Body Vibration Machine? Please share what you know about it!

Whole Body Vibration

Hi, my name is Connie and I am an employee of Soloflex. I read you post and wanted to give you a little more information to help you with your concerns and questions about whole body vibration. I use WBV and am so happy with my results. I use it for stretching. I do not suffer from arthritis but do get many testimonials from customers about the relief they are getting from WBV therapy.

It does seem hard to believe that WBV does what it claims. It really does. I feel that a lot of the skepticism that arises comes from people thinking that they will just stand on the WBV and be fit as a fiddle. We are trying to show that WBV will enable you to incorporate vibration therapy into your program and increase your physical level. Even in a wheelchair contact with the WBV platform with be helping.

The testimonials you have read are coming in to us all of the time also. Even though everyone is different in their needs WBV seems to really help a lot of people.

When Soloflex started in 1978 as a safe and very effective workout machine for your home we never dreamed that we would also get to be a part of this great technology that would again revolutionize the physical fitness and therapy world. We are very happy to be helping so many people again.

Thank you for you nice words about Soloflex. I feel just the same.
    Connie

Comment

it made me beridden for a few days

The local health club and chiropractors office have it and I was assured it was safe. After using it I got dizzy ad when I got home I could not move for a few days. Pain and nusea accompanied it.
      I for me dont like it. But thats me I have sciatica and it irritated it and it aggrivated my kidneys.
      Last edited by jimmys devoted; 01-20-2009, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Whole Body Vibration

Hi Jimmys Devoted.

I am sorry to hear WBV was not for you. Like the health club and the chiropractor it is a safe and a great way to begin a workout routine. I guess, like everything, we all react differently to things. What does help you? Is there anything that you can do outside of medication? I sure hope so. I hope you find it and feel better soon.
        Connie

Comment

Sciatica

One problem with sciatica is you never knw when its going to pop up.
          For me Nothing really helps with warm up.
          so I usually just do some richard simmons streth or other work out or even in a hot steamy bathroom gets me moving.

One thing I have noticeds not much when people speak about exercise is talking about sciatica.

I am interested though in wh other exercise equipment you do have from the cmpany you represent

Comment

Hi Jimmys Devoted

I am so sorry to hear that there are not alot of things you can do to feel better.
            Unfortunately, we sell other workout equipment that would be even harder to use. We started selling the WBV in hopes that we would be able to help people that were not able to lift weights. People that need an easy starting place than just traditional weight lifting.
            I sure hope that something comes out soon that can help you find some releaf.
            Thank you for talking to me and discussing you situation with me. Good luck.
            Connie

Comment

How similar are the Whole Body Vibrators to those vibrating machines of the 1950's?

I remember seeing these years ago, and wondering what their purpose was, since you didn't really do anything but stand with a strap on a specific area of the body you wanted to reduce.

Are these different?

Comment

whole body vibration

Hi Diana,
                There are some aspects that are simular. The machines you are refering to really jolted you around. They moved more like a whip than a suttle vibration of movement. They were trying accomplish basically the same thing, however. The idea of vibration therapy has been around for many years. Vibrations force the muscles to contact and release even if you are just standing there. This means they are working the entire time you are on the vibration unit. When you move on it like stretch, add weights, sit ups or push ups you just get your results faster. Many people start by just standing or sitting until they can or want to add more. The greatest thing about vibration therapy is you can just stand or sit and you are still doing yourself a world of good. In addition to muscle development WBV also increases your blood circulation, improves balance and flexibility, helps incontinence,and releive chronic pain.

The machines of the 50's were trying to get all of this done but did not quite have the technology to make it so much for comfortable and portable and affordable.

I hope I have answered your questions. Please ask any at any time.
                Connie

Comment

I have a different view on this machine. Although it was judged to be a safe one, it cannot specifically treat a isolated problem which needs different treatment depending on individual and a common treatment procedure won't work in a majority of people.

Comment

Originally posted by manojjonam10 View Post
                    I have a different view on this machine. Although it was judged to be a safe one, it cannot specifically treat a isolated problem which needs different treatment depending on individual and a common treatment procedure won't work in a majority of people.

I can 't speak for the majority of people, but if I have an irritated nerve somewhere, the last thing I want is for the muscles around it to contract any more than the irritated nerve has made them contract!

LOL

Comment

No Nerve Damage Here

Since you can try this machine by just sitting on it for a while, it sounds safe to me. If I have any discomfort I can immediately stop using it.

I am in a wheelchair and they say that exercise is supposed to be good for my hips, but it's impossible to do any exercises when even shifting in your seat hurts the hips so that you want to just give up. This vibration machine sounds as if even I could do it. I'll just need to figure out how to get on it, since I can't get up and down easily.

I was also diagnosed with colon cancer and am told to exercise for that too. I guess that this might also fill the bill for that exercise also.

Luckily, I don't have sciatica or any nerve pain, my hip pain comes from the completely damaged cartilage in my hips.

Now, all I need is to save my money enough to buy this. I have to say that the idea of trying to exercise again excites me to no end.

Thanks for the info Connie. I really do appreciate it.

Comment

Hi there,

May be WBV machine is good for the body, I think it is not entirely correct to depend more on machines, because it reduces manual interference. Its better to depend more on conventional exercises which are safe and standard. When you achieve something using machines, the effect is temporary. But when you achieve something out of conventional and traditional exercises the effect would be permanent but its time taking. There are many equipments coming on day to day basis for all kinds of exercises, and at the same time they are quickly vanishing.

To achieve good body and shape one has to resort to swimming, walking, cycling, yoga and meditation. I hope this helps.

Thanks

Comment

Whole body vibration

Benefits of Whole body vibration

· Improved muscle strength
                          · Improved blood circulation
                          · Decreased cellulite
                          · Reduced pain and soreness and faster recovery after workouts
                          · Supports your metabolism
                          http://www.topsport.in/whole-body-vibration

Originally posted by skatss View Post
                          I have recently seen advertisements for a Whole Body Vibration machine. It is just a piece of wood that vibrates and at first glance it looks like a joke. But then I read all the testimonials from different places and it says that it helps the pain of arthritis and poor circulation -- even for people in a wheelchair. And they say it is safe and effective.

When I read the testimonials about the machine, I want to buy it and use it so badly. I want to again get my circulation going and to do something that will stop my arthritis pain. It's so hard to exercise when in a wheelchair and this machine says that it helps you get fit enough to start to do other exercising.

But the fear that it is a joke makes me not buy it. But good manufacturers like Solarflex sells it and I trust that company.

Have you heard anything, pro or con about the Whole Body Vibration Machine? Please share what you know about it!

Comment

Working...
                          X