Diabetic Summer Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diabetic Summer Camp

I have been researching summer camps ad he still will not be able to attend until he is five I wanted to know has anyone had a child in camp before or wen tto camp before what was you experience like there?

Are you referring to summer camp in general or a summer camp specifically for children with diabetes? If it's the latter, I would like to know some information about that as well. Children today are being diagnosed with both Type I and Type II nowadays.

Comment

I was wanting for diabetic camp since I have a son that is diabetic I want to others experience with these type of camps

Comment

Originally posted by supermom03 View Post
        I have been researching summer camps ad he still will not be able to attend until he is five I wanted to know has anyone had a child in camp before or wen tto camp before what was you experience like there?
        One of my younger cousins went to a diabetic camp and had a great time.

There's something very liberating about being with people who share dietary restrictions and suffer from the associated complications. When she came home, she was totally renewed.

Having witnessed her transformation, I wondered why there have been no diabetic daycare centers. Daily reinforcement might be very helpful.

Comment

I had experienced diabetes summer camp while traveling with my sisters son. Generally it is a nice place learn self-confidence, independence from mom and dad, to be with other kids with diabetes, and simply to have a great time.

It's also an excellent opportunity for mom and dad to take a break from diabetes. Almost all camps provide financial assistance to kids who are unable to pay the full camp fees.

Comment

Working...
          X