Tangy Sweet & Sour Meatloaf
Makes 6 servings.
1½ pounds ground beef
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar blend
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
½ cup no calorie sweetener, granulated
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, salt, ground black pepper, eggs, onion flakes and ½ of the can of tomato sauce. Mix together well and place into a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
3. Push the meatloaf down into the pan forming a well for the sauce around all the edges.
4. Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 40 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the remaining tomato sauce, brown sugar blend, vinegar, granulated sweetener and mustard. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
6. After meatloaf has cooked for 40 minutes, remove from oven and pour sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
7. Return to oven and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 20 more minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Calories from Fat: 300
Total Fat: 33g
Saturated Fat: 13g
Total Carbs: 21g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.