Protein-Packed Almond Pork Tenderloin
Makes 6 servings.
1 ½ lb pork, tenderloin, lean, raw
½ cup cooking sherry
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
½ tsp black pepper, ground
2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
½ cup ground almonds
1 tsp olive oil
1 cup fresh chopped onion
1 fresh carrot, peeled and diced
1 medium celery stalk, chopped
1. In a small bowl, stir together sherry, soy sauce, pepper and garlic. Pour over pork in a sealable bag.
2. Seal the bag; marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Remove pork from marinade, preserving marinade. Pat dry.
4. Coat pork with almonds.
5. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
6. Brown pork on all sides, for about 5 minutes, turning carefully.
7. Reduce heat to low, add rest of the marinade, onion, carrot and celery.
8. Cover and simmer 10 - 12 minutes, then serve.
Nutritional Info (per serving):