Makes 6 servings.
2 egg whites
1 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 cup flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Beat egg and egg white together until frothy.
2. Beat milk and oil into eggs. Slowly beat in flour and salt. Batter should be light but not foamy.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F. Generously oil popover cups, fill within ½ inch of the top. Bake immediately.
4. Bake until very dark brown about 35 minutes to 45 minutes. When done cut 2 small slits the top of each popover to release steam.
5. Bake another 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Release from cups with knife. Do not cover tops of the popovers or they will become soggy.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Saturated Fat: trace
Exchanges: 1 starch, ½ fat