Plum and Peach Phyllo Nests
Makes 6 servings.
12 sheets frozen, thawed phyllo pastry
Butter flavor vegetable cooking spray
1½ pounds peaches, peeled, pitted, sliced
¼ pound plums, pitted, sliced
Fruit Sauce (see recipe below)
1. Cut phyllo into (24) 8-inch squares.
2. Spray 4 phyllo squares lightly with vegetable spray; layer squares, turning each slightly so that corners are staggered. Carefully fit phyllo into 8-ounce custard cup, shaping edges to form "nest". Repeat with remaining phyllo squares.
3. Arrange fruit in bottom of each "nest". Place custard cups on cookie sheet and bake at 375°F (190°C) until phyllo is golden and fruit tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Cool on wire racks; carefully remove "nests" from custard cups. Serve warm or room temperature with Fruit Sauce.Calories: 225 Saturated Fat: 0 g Protein: 7 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Carbohydrates: 52 g Fiber: 3 g Total Fat: 1 g Sodium: 200 mg Food Exchanges: 2 Starches, 1 Fruit.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Saturated Fat: 0g
Total Fat: 1g
Food Exchanges: 2 Starches, 1 Fruit
1 cup sliced strawberries or 2 cups raspberries
2 to 4 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful™
1. Pureè berries in blender or food processor. If using raspberries, strain and discard seeds. Stir Equal® Spoonful™ into pureè.
2. Refrigerate until serving time.
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.