Makes 8 servings.
½ cup Equal® Spoonful*
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Pinch ground cinnamon
Pinch ground nutmeg
2 cups apple cider or juice
1 package (6 ounces) dried mixed fruit, chopped
1 tablespoon stick butter or margarine
8 tart baking apples
* May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener
1. Combine Equal®, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium saucepan. Stir in cider and dried fruit. Heat to boiling.
2. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until fruit is tender and cider mixture is reduced to about 1 cup. Stir in butter until melted.
3. Remove cores from apples, cutting into but not through bottoms. Peel 1-inch around tops. Place apples in greased baking pan. Fill centers with fruit. Spoon remaining cider mixture over apples.
4. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350°F oven about 45 minutes or until apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Food Exchanges: 2 ½ Fruit, ½ Fat
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.