Makes 8 servings.
⅓ cup SPLENDA® Granular
1 cup egg substitute
⅔ cup skim milk
¾ teaspoon maple flavor
8 slices cinnamon raisin bread
2 cups peeled apples, thinly sliced
¼ cup low fat cream cheese
1 tablespoon SPLENDA® Granular
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8 x 8-inch square cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Blend together, in a medium size mixing bowl, ⅓ cup SPLENDA® Granular, egg substitute, milk, and maple flavor.
3. Tear Cinnamon Raisin Bread into 1 to 2-inch pieces. Toss bread and sliced apples into mixing bowl with other ingredients. Toss to just coat bread. Pour bread mixture into prepared pan.
4. Cut cream cheese into 8 chunks and place on top of strata.
5. Blend remaining 1 tablespoon SPLENDA® Granular and cinnamon together. Sprinkle over strata. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
6. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Total Calories 140
Calories From Fat 27
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 20g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Food Exchange: 1 Medium Fat Meat, 1 Carbohydrate
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.