Makes 6 servings.
1 quart skim milk
5 large eggs
5 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes or 16 packets Equal® sweetener or ⅔ cup Equal® Spoonful™
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Orange Sauce (recipe follows)
1 cup fresh orange segments or canned drained Mandarin orange segments
1. Heat milk just to simmering in medium saucepan. Beat eggs until foamy in medium bowl; gradually whisk milk into eggs. Stir in Equal® and vanilla.
2. Pour mixture through strainer into ungreased 1-quart casserole or souffle dish. Place casserole in roasting pan on middle rack of oven and cover with lid or aluminum foil. Pour 2-inches hot water into roasting pan.
3. Bake at 325°F (160°C) until custard is set and sharp knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean, 1 to 1¼ hours.
4. Remove dish from roasting pan and cool to room temperature on wire rack. Refrigerate until chilled, 5 to 6 hours.
5. Spoon custard into dishes; top with Orange Sauce and orange segments. Garnish with mint.
¾ cup orange juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon Equal® for Recipes or 3 packets Equal® sweetener or 2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful™
1. Mix orange juice and cornstarch in small saucepan; heat to boiling.
2. Boil, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in Equal®.
3. Cool to room temperature; refrigerate until chilled.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Food Exchanges: 1 Milk, ½ Fruit, 1 Fat
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.