Makes 4 servings.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
½ cup diced onion
10 ounces packaged frozen chopped broccoli
½ tsp. salt
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. flour
12 ounce can of evaporated skim milk
½ cup canned low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
1. In a 10-inch skillet sauté onion in oil until brown.
2. Microwave broccoli until soft and then add it to the onion mixture along with salt and bay leaf.
3. Sprinkle flour on top of mixture and stir to combine.
4. Continue stirring and add milk and broth until it boils.
5. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture thickens. Discard bay leaf.
6. Transfer ½ of mixture and blend until smooth. Then add the other ½ and combine for thickness/chunks.
Nutritional Info (per serving):