Makes 6 servings.
5 large egg whites
⅓ cup SPLENDA® Granular
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a 13 x 11-inch baking sheet. Set aside.
2. Separate egg whites from yolk. Discard yolk. Place egg whites in a medium sized bowl. Whip on high speed using an electric beater or wire whisk until frothy.
3. Add SPLENDA® Granular, vanilla extract and salt. Mix until stiff peaks form (about 20 to 30 seconds on high speed with an electric mixer).
4. Spoon slightly rounded tablespoons of egg whites onto prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan.
5. Sandwich Angel Bites with filling of choice. Place filling on the bottom of one Angel Bite and top with another so that the bottoms of the 6- Angel Bites are facing each other and the filling is sandwiched between them. Repeat to make 3 filled Angel Bites per serving (using 6 unfilled bites).
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Total Calories 80
Calories from Fat 9
Total Fat 1g
Saturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 14g
Dietary fiber 1g
Diabetes Exchanges: 1 Carbohydrate
Juice from 2 oranges (approximately ½ cup)
Juice from 2 lemons (approximately ¼ cup)
4 teaspoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons SPLENDA® Granular
1 egg yolk
1. Juice oranges and lemons to make approximately ¾ cup of juice.
2. Blend SPLENDA® Granular and egg yolk together. Stir well. Add juice to egg yolk mixture. Mix thoroughly. Add cornstarch. Stir well.
3. Pour into a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thickened (approximately 2 minutes).
4. Chill until ready to use. Garnish Angel Bites with a dollop of whipped cream, some orange zest and a sprig of mint.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.