Cinnamon Bun Breakfast Focaccia
Makes 16 servings.
1 (16-ounce) package Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix
¼ cup Equal® Spoonful*
2½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided use
1 cup very hot tap water
1 large egg, slightly beaten
5 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted, divided use
¾ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup Equal® Spoonful**
1 cup reduced-fat granola cereal
4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful***
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
* May substitute 6 packets Equal sweetener
** May substitute 6 packets Equal sweetener
*** May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
1. Combine hot roll mix, yeast packet, ¼ cup Equal® and 1½ teaspoons cinnamon. Stir in hot water, egg and 3 tablespoons melted butter. Mix until a soft dough forms. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead in cranberries. Continue to knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 3 minutes. Shape into a ball. Cover with a bowl and let rest 5 minutes.
2. Press dough evenly into a well sprayed 15 x 10-inch baking pan. Combine ¼ cup Equal®, remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Spread over surface of dough. Sprinkle with granola, pressing lightly into dough. Cover with waxed paper and let rise until puffy, about 25 minutes.
3. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 18 to 22 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, 2 tablespoons Equal®, vanilla and enough milk to form a spreading consistency. Drizzle cream cheese mixture over warm focaccia. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Food Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.