Makes 6 servings.
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 cup low fat milk
¼ cup egg substitute
½ cup SPLENDA® Granular
1 teaspoon corn starch
2 tablespoons grand marnier
½ cup heavy cream
3 cups sliced strawberries
1. Place chocolate and milk in a medium size saucepan. Heat over medium heat until chocolate melts.
2. Stir together egg substitute, SPLENDA®, corn starch and Grand Marnier in a small mixing bowl. Add to chocolate mixture. Stir constantly. Heat over medium heat while stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken (approximately 3 to 4 minutes). Remove from heat, pour into the bowl of a blender or food processor. Blend or process briefly (10 to 20 seconds) to make a more creamy texture. Pour into mixing bowl and cover.
3. Refrigerate chocolate mixture approximately 2 to 3 hours or until cool.
4. Whip cream and fold into chocolate. Refrigerate overnight to set. Will keep refrigerated for 3 days.
5. To serve layer strawberries and mousse in 6 all purpose wine glasses.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Total Calories 220
Calories from Fat 140
Total Fat 15g
Saturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Dietary Exchanges: 1 Starch, 3 Fat
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.