Makes 10 servings.
1 (32-ounce) container non-fat plain yogurt
½ cup SPLENDA® Granular
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
9 slices Italian style or other white bread, crusts removed
1 (16-ounce) package frozen dark pitted sweet cherries, thawed and drained
1 (12-ounce) package frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
1 (15-ounce) can, no sugar added cling peaches, drained
1 banana, thinly sliced.
2 tablespoons SPLENDA® Granular
1. Blend ½ cup of SPLENDA® Granular, plain yogurt, and vanilla extract together in a medium sized mixing bowl. Cut bread into rectangles. Gently mix together raspberries and 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® Granular. Do not drain raspberries.
2. Pour ½ cup of yogurt mixture in the bottom of the glass bowl.
3. Place ⅓ of the sliced bread on top of the yogurt mixture.
4. Top bread with ⅓ of the peaches, ⅓ of the cherries and ⅓ of the raspberries. Drizzle about ⅓ of the raspberry juice onto the bread.
5. Place ⅓ of the thinly sliced banana on top of the raspberries.
6. Pour ⅓ of the yogurt mixture over the bread and fruit.
7. Repeat steps 3 - 6 two more times, ending by pouring the remaining yogurt over the fruit.
8. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, allowing the bread to fully absorb the fruit juices.
9. Top with fresh fruit as a garnish before serving. Sliced Kiwi and strawberries make an excellent garnish.
10. This can also be prepared in individual portions following the same layering technique. Use wine glasses instead of a large glass bowl.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Total Calories 180
Calories From Fat 5
Total Carbohydrate 35g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Total Fat 0.5g
Exchanges Per Serving: 1 fruit, 1 starch, ½ fat-free milk.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.