Blueberry Almond Coffeecake
Makes 12 servings.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon almond extract
½ cup 2% reduced-fat milk
1½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 egg white
3 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
¾ cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish. Set aside.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add 1 cup SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener and flavorings; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add whole eggs, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in berries. Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
4. Beat egg white with a fork; add 3 tablespoons SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, stirring until blended. Stir in almonds. Spoon mixture over batter.
5. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Calories from Fat 120
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 6g
Total Carbs 21g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Exchanges Per Serving: 1½ Starches, 3 Fats
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.