Makes 6 servings.
5 large egg whites
⅓ cup SPLENDA® Granular
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a large baking sheet. Set aside.
2. Separate egg whites from yolk. Place egg whites in a medium bowl. Whip on high speed using an electric beater or wire whisk until frothy.
3. Add SPLENDA® Granular, vanilla extract and salt. Mix until stiff peaks form.
4. Spoon slightly rounded tablespoons of egg whites onto baking sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool.
Banana Cream Filling
½ cup egg substitute (such as Egg Beaters®*)
1 cup skim milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons light butter
1 tablespoon corn starch
¼ cup SPLENDA® Granular
1 teaspoon banana flavor
2 bananas, sliced
*Egg Beaters is a trademark of ConAgra Brands, Inc.
1. Place egg substitute, milk, vanilla and butter in a small saucepan and stir well.
2. Blend SPLENDA® Granular and cornstarch together. Add to ingredients in the saucepan and stir well. Cook over medium heat (3 minutes). Stir constantly.
3. Remove filling from heat and add banana flavor. Stir until well mixed. Chill filling for 1 hour before serving.
4. Sandwich Angel Bites with filling. Place three Angel bites on a plate with the bottoms facing up. Top with sliced bananas and a spoonful of banana cream filling. Stack another Angel Bite on top. Garnish with light whipped topping and chocolate shavings or drizzle of fat free hot fudge.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Total Fat 3.5g
Saturated Fat 2.5g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Diabetes Exchanges: 1 Starch, ½ Medium Fat Meat
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.