Makes 8 servings.
½ cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
¼ cup SPLENDA® Granular
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground nutmeg
4 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
4 large Macintosh or other tart apples
3 ripe Bartlett or Anjou Pears
2 tablespoons SPLENDA® Granular
3 tablespoons Apple Juice Concentrate
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly butter a deep 2 to 2½ quart baking dish. Set aside.
2. Prepare Topping: Pour flour, brown sugar, SPLENDA® Granular, cinnamon and nutmeg into a medium mixing bowl. Stir well. Add butter and mix with an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, until the topping is crumbly or sandy in texture. Set aside.
3. Prepare Filling: Peel, core and thickly slice the apples and pears. Place them in the buttered baking dish. The fruit should be at least 2½-inches deep in the pan. Add more fruit, if necessary. Add SPLENDA® Granular and apple juice concentrate. Toss until coated. Cover with the topping.
4. Bake in the preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes or until fruit is tender and the topping has browned.
5. Serve warm with low fat vanilla frozen yogurt.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Total Calories 190
Calories from fat 50
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 3.5g
Total Carbohydrate 35g
Dietary Fiber 5mg
Exchanges Per Serving: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat
Recipe created by Gale Gand.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.