Apple Cinnamon Coffeecake
Makes 16 servings.
½ cup Splenda® Granular
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup reduced calorie margarine, melted (25% less fat and calories)
2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced into ¼-inch cubes
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
½ cup Splenda® Granular
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons reduced calorie margarine (25% less fat and calories)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray 9 x 9 x 2-inch metal baking pan with vegetable cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine Splenda® Granular, flour, cinnamon and margarine. Stir until well blended.
3. Separate mixture into small clumps, approximately ¼ teaspoon each and place on cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Crumble into fine, uniform texture. Set aside.
5. In a medium bowl combine apple pieces and lemon juice. In small bowl, stir together flour, Splenda® Granular and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples and stir until thoroughly mixed.
6. Add melted margarine to mixture and stir until combined. Set aside.
½ cup softened reduced calorie margarine (25% less fat and calories)
¾ cup egg substitute at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Splenda®Granular
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup fat-free milk at room temperature
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat margarine with an electric mixer on high speed for 1 minute. Add egg substitute and beat on high for 1 minute. Add Splenda® Granular and beat on medium speed until thoroughly blended, about 1 minute.
2. In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
3. Add ½ cup of the flour mixture into the margarine/egg mixture. Beat on low speed until ingredients are blended.
4. Add ¼ cup fat-free milk to above mixture. Beat on low speed until ingredients are blended.
5. Add another ½ cup of the flour mixture to above mixture. Beat on low speed until ingredients are blended.
6. Add remaining fat-free milk to mixture. Beat on low speed until ingredients are blended.
7. Add remaining flour mixture to the mixture. Beat on low speed until ingredients are blended.
8. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Spread apple layer evenly over cake layer. Sprinkle topping over apple layer and press in lightly.
9. Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of cake.
10. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Dietary Fiber 1g
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 2g
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.