Makes 16 servings.
½ cups graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup stick butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful*
* May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
1. Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and 2 tablespoons Equal®.
2. Press mixture onto bottom and 1-inch up side of a 9-inch springform pan.
3. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 10 minutes.
4. Cool on wire rack while preparing cheesecake.
2 (8-ounce each) packages reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1 cup Equal® Spoonful**
1 ⅔ cups unsweetened applesauce
2 whole eggs
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons cornstarch
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon apple pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup reduced fat sour cream
** May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
1. Beat cream cheese and 1 cup Equal® in mixing bowl on medium speed of mixer until smooth and well combined.
2. Mix in applesauce, eggs, egg whites and lemon juice until blended.
3. Stir in cornstarch, cinnamon, apple pie spice and vanilla.
4. Fold in sour cream until combined. Pour cheesecake mixture over baked crust.
5. Bake in preheated oven 60 to 65 minutes or until center of cake is almost set. Cool on wire rack.
6. Gently run metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake. Let cheesecake cool completely.
7. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
8. To serve, remove side of pan. Cut cake into wedges.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Fat 11 g
Sodium 154 mg
Food Exchanges: 1 Milk, 2 Fat
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.