The AlphaTrak 2 Blood Glucose Meter is a glucometer that allows for diabetic animal owners to comfortably test their pet's blood glucose from home. This high quality glucometer is the same one that many veterinarians use in their offices.
An upgrade from the original AlphaTrak Meter, this new version uses test strips that requires only a 0.3 uL blood sample while also providing the user with faster and more accurate results.
The meter kit contains everything a diabetic pet owner would need to begin monitoring their pet from home.
Included in the AlphaTRAK kit:
- AlphaTRAK 2 Blood Glucose Monitoring Meter
- (25) AlphaTRAK 2 Test Strips
- (30) AlphaTRAK Lancets
- New Lancing Device
- One AlphaTRAK Control Solution
- Diabetes Diary to record the animal's daily blood glucose levels
- AlphaTRAK Blood Glucose Monitoring System Instructional DVD
- Full User Guide
- Quick User Guide
- Carrying Case
Why Should You Use The Same AlphaTRAK 2 Meter Your Vet Uses?
The AlphaTRAK 2 meter is calibrated specifically for dogs and cats and it's ACCURATE.
Humans, dogs, and cats all have different blood makeup. A meter's job is to estimate glucose levels in the blood. Using a human meter on a dog or a cat may result in inaccurate reading because the meter assumes human blood makeup.
AlphaTRAK 2 needs only 0.3 uL of blood, and you get the results in seconds.
Testing and Getting Results is FAST with AlphaTRAK Starter Kit
- Angled sample area makes it easy to position the target area on your pet to the blood drop.
- Sample tab is designed to break the meniscus of the blood sample to allow for fast wicking.
- Automatically turns the meter on and off for quicker testing.
- With the AlphaTRAK Blood Glucose Monitoring System you get a result within seconds.
Sample Detection Technology in the AlphaTRAK 2 Test Strip Prevents Strip Wasting
The test only starts when the strip has enough blood. More blood could be added to the same side of the AlphaTRAK 2 test strip for up to 60 seconds.