Hypertension (high blood pressure)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypertension (high blood pressure)

High blood pressure is critical to control since it can hasten kidney disease. Many people know to reduce sodium intake to about 1500 to 2,000 mg a day. 140 mg per serving is considered low sodium. AND.....sodium is found in it's highest levels in prepared and processed foods including canned items like soup and olives, pickles, cheeses, etc. Be careful because it adds up quickly. On the other hand, if you follow the DASH diet (dietary approaches to stop hypertension) you will find that while reducing sodium in your diet you can ADD potassium, calcium and magnesium foods. Potassium is found in tomatoes, avocadoes, cantelope, honeydew, bananas, potatoes, etc. Magnesium is found in whole grains and greens, and nuts. Calcium is found in dairy products like LOW sodium/low fat cheese, low fat milk or yogurt and seaweed like hiziki!
    It's important to think about what you can do instead of only what you CAN'T do!

Medication that can help you to treat high blood pressure. Here is Generic for Cardura medication helps to relaxes and expands blood vessels, which in turn improves blood flow and results in lowered blood pressure.

Comment

Medication for hypertension

When people have diabetes they are most typically prescribed an ACE inhibitor or ARB. Both of these medications address high blood pressure and possible future kidney disease. If blood pressure is not controlled, it makes the kidneys work harder and kidney disease becomes more of an issue. I wouldn't focus only on medication whether we are talking about hypertension, high cholesterol, high triglycerides or high blood sugar. Making choices of food and drink and activity always has a positive effect in addition to the medication. Sometimes, the medication becomes unnecessary.

Comment

I made some diet changes

I was amazed at what diet and exercise could do. I think I had heard it so often I became numb to the concept it really worked. My last doctor visit was finally a success because my blood pressure went way down. I had a sense of relief and realized it was within my control to improve my health.

Comment

Working...
        X