Laughter Is The Best Medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laughter Is The Best Medicine

Yet another study has been done dealing with how "Mirthful" laughter can help people with diabetes.

In fact the addition of laughter has helped the experimental people in many ways.

The patients in the laughter group (Group L) had lower epinephrine and norepinephrine levels by the second month, suggesting lower stress levels. They had increased HDL (good) cholesterol. The laughter group also had lower levels of inflammation.

At the end of one year, the research team saw significant improvement in the laughter group -- Group L. Their HDL (GOOD) cholesterol had risen by 26 percent in Group L and only 3 percent in the Group C (control).

Harmful C-reactive proteins decreased 66 % in the laughter group vs. 26 percent for the control group

The authors of the test think that "mirthful laughter" may lower the risk of cardiovascular disease associated with diabetes. The study also shows that laughter might just raise the heath level in anyone with health problems.

The researchers suggest that we all increase our consumption of funny movies, funny books, and comedy clubs. The more we all truly have a hearty good mirthful laugh, then better off we all will be.

And laughing has NO negative side effects!

Yes I would agree Laughter can heal a many of things even stress so so it the best medicine in my book.

Comment

I am in total agreement - except when having surgery stitches or a pulled stomach muscle. Then OUCH!

Comment

Originally posted by RobertIA View Post
        I am in total agreement - except when having surgery stitches or a pulled stomach muscle. Then OUCH!
        Oh I can imagine that been the only time I wouldn't want to laugh.

Comment

Laughter Is The Best Medicine

Hii guys I will be posting some veg and non-veg jokes here contributions from your side are also welcome :dance:

So sit back and enjoy as LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Comment

To Give Up the Seat

Yes, let's laugh happily everyday!

Little Johnny says Mom, when I was on the bus with Daddy this morning, he told me to give up my seat to a lady.

Well, you've done the right thing, says Mommy

But Mommy, I was sitting on daddy's lap.

Comment

The mean man's party.

Now, it is time to laugh at this moment.

The mean man's party.

The notorious cheap skate finally decided to have a party. Explaining to a friend how to find his apartment, he said, "Come up to 5M and ring the doorbell with your elbow. When the door open, push with your foot."

"Why use my elbow and foot?"

"Well, gosh," was the reply, "You're not coming empty-hangded, are you?"

Comment

Originally posted by skatss View Post
                Yet another study has been done dealing with how "Mirthful" laughter can help people with diabetes.

In fact the addition of laughter has helped the experimental people in many ways.

The patients in the laughter group (Group L) had lower epinephrine and norepinephrine levels by the second month, suggesting lower stress levels. They had increased HDL (good) cholesterol. The laughter group also had lower levels of inflammation.

At the end of one year, the research team saw significant improvement in the laughter group -- Group L. Their HDL (GOOD) cholesterol had risen by 26 percent in Group L and only 3 percent in the Group C (control).

Harmful C-reactive proteins decreased 66 % in the laughter group vs. 26 percent for the control group

The authors of the test think that "mirthful laughter" may lower the risk of cardiovascular disease associated with diabetes. The study also shows that laughter might just raise the heath level in anyone with health problems.

The researchers suggest that we all increase our consumption of funny movies, funny books, and comedy clubs. The more we all truly have a hearty good mirthful laugh, then better off we all will be.

And laughing has NO negative side effects!
                Good to hear!
                The more you're laughing the less stress you're putting yourself through.

Comment

Working...
                X