Thread: Inhaled Insulin

Marci Sloane Guest

Default Inhaled Insulin

Many companies have been trying to get inhaled insulin on the market. Pfizer was successful to have Exubera approved years ago but it was short-lived. Now, Manheim corp is close to getting Afrezza approved. How do people feel about using an inhaled insulin as opposed to injections?

Default Re:

Inhaled insulin appears to be effective but not better than injected short-acting insulin. The cost is much more that it is unlikely to be cost-effective. inhaled insulin provided better glycaemic control than oral hypoglycaemic agents but not subcutaneous insulin.

Marci Sloane Guest

Default Inhaled Insulin

There may be variations in absorption with the inhaled insulin. It's a terrific alternative method for some "needle-phobic". Mostly, I feel that if people are not treating their diabetes well enough because they are too fearful to inject or not willing - this may be a means of getting their diabetes in control.

That sounds really good, but I'm 'expense-phobic' so I don't think that will be for me when it comes time to move to injections.

Inhaled insulin is not better than injected short-acting insulin. Generic for Trandate lowers blood pressure, heart rate, and strain on the heart.

Default Inhaled Insulin Might be a Viable Alternative

I did not realize they were developing inhaled insulin and I am thinking it would be a good alternative for those who have trouble using needles. It might also be more convenient to transport and use when you are on the road.